nftables

Hi
I have a problem:
I try run nftables - i followed steps written here
http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-cvslog/2009-March/006316.html
I downloaded kernel tree, and compile nftables into kernel
run new kernel wiht nftables support BUT when i wrote some rule f.e.
nft rule add inet filter output ip protocol tcp => drop , system
accepted it bud it doesnt have some effect - I still had internet
access
maybe problem is, that i have compiled iptables into kernel too - and
they are useful
so i tried compile kernel without iptables, but it crash
so can somebody advice me how to compile functional nftables?
sorry, my english is not very good :)