Re: ipset kernel oops

How much RAM have you got in that machine?
283248k physical RAM, 128MB swap file.

Are the 30k addresses pseudo-random, i.e. don't come from several netblocks?
99.8% from all addresses/subnets come my geoip database (IP addresses compiled from various countries I banned from my networks as they have no business accessing it) - the rest consists of pseudo-random (selected) subnets. It is also worth mentioning that:

1. When ipset loads these addresses during boot no such error takes place (though it takes about 10+ minutes for these to load as the machine on which this run is not very powerful); 2. The error happens when I try to load these ipsets from the command line (i.e. do exactly the same thing from the shell as in 1 above); 3. At no point during 1 or 2 the swap file is used, which leads me to believe that this error does not happen because of insufficient memory;

On a separate note, is it normal for my ipsets to take absolute *ages* to load (about 5 minutes on a P4 machine as well)? I am loading these exact sets on a Core2 machine and even though it takes much less time (about 20 seconds or so) I am still a bit bemused why does it take that long, comparing to other ipset operations? I can't complain about the run-time performance of ipset though - it is simply unmatched by anything else I used (or attempted to use)!