Re: Fwd: iptables redirect inbound traffic to tun

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 18:51 +0200, JOSE FELIX HERNANDEZ BARRIO wrote:

> My problem is when traffic source is B when the packet come back to B
> its destination ip matches local IP so it's not redirected to tun1
> ands it's not processed. Incoming packets on local ip are not
> processed by prerouting chain.
>
> what i use to redirect its:
> iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i eth0 -t tcp -j MARK --set-mark 1
> iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
>
> ip rule add fwmark 1 table 100
> ip route add default dev tun0 table 100

Have you tried marking the packets in the mangle table of OUTPUT?
Looking at the kernel packet flow diagram[1], packets get a reroute
check after that table.

> someone suggested to use iptables -j ROUTE to force routing even in
> this case. But there's no way to use this patch on recent kernel.

I believe that functionality was moved into iproute2.

Andy

[1] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Netfilter-packet-flow.svg