From: crocket <crockabiscuit@xxxxxxxxx>
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, March 28, 2011 12:05:23 AM
Subject: How can I make iptables accept SMB UDP packets from/to UDP ports 137
and 138?

I want iptables accept SMB UDP packets in a subnet.
When samba uses SMB protocol,
it sends out name queries as broadcast packets from high number random UDP
source ports to 137 or 138 UDP port on remote hosts on the same subnet.
Since reply packets to the broadcast packets don't come from the broadcast
address for the subnet,
iptables can't categorize reply packets as ESTABLISHED,RELATED with state match
module.
I need some helper module to make iptables recognize them as RELATED.
Does anybody know where to find SMB Helper module?