Re: Panic on 2.6.34+ and bridged firewall

Den 20. feb. 2011 00:27, skrev Thomas Wild:
Anthony Hinsinger<anthony.hinsinger<at>  univ-pau.fr>  writes:

Hi.

I'm using netfilter/iptables on a Bridged Firewall, and i've a problem
with linux kernel>= 2.6.34.
The kernel crash some seconds after i start the bridge interface and
load my rules.

Hello,

I can absolutely confirm this problem. My system has the same behavior. The
previous kernel worked fine. But rejected crash the system a few seconds after
my iptables came up. I changed to DROP ... no it works out.

- Thomas

I've also encountered crashes like this with 2.6.35-25-generic (Ubuntu). I tried to figure out which packets that caused the crash.

I am not sure about the cause, but the crashes at least stopped after blocking 224.0.0.0/16-traffic coming from a Mac on one of the interfaces.

Atle.