Re: how to install xtables extension to arbitrary path?

> It won't. It will load then from the prefix. Otherwise, a helluva lot
> Linux distros would have run into the problem already, because they
> use DESTDIR when making their packages.

./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=/usr
make
make DESTDIR=/home/workdir/filesys

ok here what I get when I install to the NFS:

# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j SNAT -s 10.1.1.25
iptables v1.4.10: Couldn't load target
`SNAT':/home/test/workdir/filesys/libexec/xtable
s/libipt_SNAT.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

It stills tries to load using the absolute path...
I also noticed it did not add /usr to the path either...