Re: How can I test my tc script?

Ok. I'm trying to learn how to work with the u32 selector, I would like
to know if I'm doing this correctly:

Lets say this is my download ruleset:

$tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
$tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb r2q 1

# this is the parent class
$tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0  classid 1:1 htb rate 3000kbit ceil
3000kbit

## I would like to assign users 256kbit for download speed, so the
following rule is a leaf of the parent 1:0 (correct me if wrong, please)

$tc class   add dev eth0 parent 1:100    classid 1:1 htb rate 256kbit
ceil 256kbit prio 3

## Now I should create a filter for the ip address:

$tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:100 protocol ip u32 match ip dst
172.16.100.1/32 classid 1:1

## Now for the qdisc
$tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:100 handle 500: sfq perturb 2

Are the parent values correct on the filter,class, and qdisc?

Is this correct? Am I in the right path?

Thanks in advanced for taking your time to help me.