Re: How can I test my tc script?

Marek Kierdelewicz ha scritto:
Hello.

Hi,

I recently wrote a script that adds a new rule for an ip address
each time a new user is added to our network. I've noticed my tc
rules work ... Our network has about 120 users in total not all of
 these get connected Are these rules ok?

If you have such linear ruleset (iptables marking+tc filter) for 120
users then it's will not work well. If my theory is right, check top
when there are more users logged in. You'll probably see hi cpu usage
in "si"/"hi" (software/hardware interrupt) fraction.

I, are you sure about the big difference?
I agree with you about tc u32 filters are better than iptables +
marking, but like now I have about 100mbit 1k+ users with
mangle+classify and tc+htb+egress and I have a load at about 0.2.
My cpu are xeon 2.6 quad.

In my experience, instead, I see that nic can make big differences about
throughput

Michele