Re: Place for ipt_ACCOUNT/ipt_NETFLOW

On Thursday 03 February 2011 10:25 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 14:20 +0530, Srinivasa T N wrote:
Hi All,
      Is it possible for me to place rules related to accounting after
filter table in the INPUT chain so that the accounting takes place only
on the packets I am accepting in my box?

According to the nf-packet-flow diagram I have been referring too, the
INPUT chain on the filter table is the place to count packets destined
only for the box.
If that is not correct, I hope someone says so, because it would explain
some confusion I have been having lately...
You are correct in saying that the packets destined for my box come in INPUT chain. But, I will have the rules to filter out unwanted stuff in that table and do the accounting only for those packets which pass through these rules and reach upper layer.

Regards,
Seenu.

Bob Miller
334-7117/660-5315