Re: What does nflog_unbind_pf actually do?

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 02:27:28PM +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> On 03/02/11 13:00, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 01:54:27PM +0100, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> >> libnetfilter-log src/libnetfilter_log.c:
> >
> > This comment is indeed very misleading.
>
> Let's fix it then :-)
> Please, would you send me a patch so others can benefit for this
> conclusion in the official documentation? I'd appreciate it.

I just touched the surface of what is going on here. It would certainly
be better if someone with more oversight would try to fill in this gap.

> There is other things that you can do to avoid ENOBUFS, it is documented
> in libnetfilter_queue but it also applies to libnetfilter_log:
>
> http://www.netfilter.org/projects/libnetfilter_queue/doxygen/
>
> See performance, the last two items do not apply to libnetfilter_log.
> Another patch for this would be great.

Thanks for the information. Again I'd need more understanding of the
matter before I can create a patch. (For instance I fail to see why
suppressing ENOBUFS would not help the performane.) The performance
issues on my project seem to have solved themselves in the mean time.

Helmut