Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 5.4 released

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

> I'm happy to announce ipset 5.4! Because there are some important kernel
> part fixes in this release, please upgrade.

In order to make upgrading as smooth as possible, I have released ipset
5.4.1, which includes an UPGRADE instructions file with the content:

ipset 5.x upgrade notices

- From ipset 5.0-5.3 to 5.4:

  Due to the source code reorganization, some macros were moved to
  the netlink.patch. Therefore when upgrading, you have two choices:

  a. force the application of the new netlink.patch

     kernel-source-dir # patch -p1 -f < ipset-5.4-dir/netlink.patch

  b. remove the earlier netlink.patch and apply the new one:

     kernel-source-dir # patch -p1 -R < ipset-before-5.4-dir/netlink.patch
     kernel-source-dir # patch -p1 < ipset-5.4-dir/netlink.patch

  You do not need to recompile your kernel.

  Of course the kernel modules in ipset-5.4 must be compiled and installed.

Nothing else is changed between 5.4 and 5.4.1.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxx