Re: Fair queuing with htb

> There are three ways to do that:
>
> 1) Delay_pools in Squid capping the Server bandwidth speeds based on any
> client info desired.

I noticed that Delay_pools permit us to balance rate according to user ip,
with a class 3 Delay_pool. However, it seems to be a simple limitation. I
don't want that the traffic is limited for one user, I want that each users
have a guaranted rate, and if the rate is not used, then he is equally
balanced between users who need the traffic. Exactly what cbq and htb do. It
seems Delay_pools is not able to do this.

> 2) QoS between the clients and Squid using qos_flows. They mark traffic
> destined to the clients separated into flows based on the data source
> type; cache, sibling peer, parent peer, direct origin.

It seems it's exactly what I need. I have just tested it and it works. I will
test it furthermore next week.

Thanks for your help.

Grégoire Leroy