sFlow probe using netfilter/ULOG

Hi,

I was reading the NetFlow/sFlow/IPFIX probe discussion from earlier
this year and thought there might be some interest the recent
ULOG/sFlow implementation in the Host sFlow project:
http://host-sflow.sourceforge.net

It turned out that the random sampling capability in the statistic
module combined with ULOG provided the hooks needed to implement
sFlow:
http://blog.sflow.com/2010/12/ulog.html

I do have a few questions:

1. When sampling the INPUT chain it is possible to get the layer 2
header. Sampling the OUTPUT chain only provides the IP header. I
understand that the layer 2 header hasn't been constructed yet, but is
there a hook further down the netfilter chain where the layer 2 header
is available?

2. We are also looking at an ebtables implementation. Is it possible
to perform random sampling in ebtables?

3. Finally, is there a way to programmatically retrieve the packet
counter associated with a rule? Ideally we would like to be able to
tag the sFlow monitoring rules and retrieve their packet counters. I
know its possible use a script to parse the output of iptables -L
--verbose to get counter values, but it isn't the most efficient
solution.

Thanks,
Peter