Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset-5.0 released

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> >from other architectures, like Sparc or ARM too. (On Wednesday I'll be
> >able to dust off a Sparc machine and run the compilation and testsuite.)
>
> I already made this year's presents: a PPC64 is here,
> but it yet needs to be installed...
>
> You can use my sparc. Pierre Chifflier already had his ulogd
> pieces tested here in pair programming with shared screen(1)
> sessions (great stuff that!).

Let us see the fixes worked, see below

> == sparcv9
>
> 22:31 ares:~/code/ipset > make -k
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jengelh/code/ipset'
> Making all in lib
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jengelh/code/ipset/lib'
>   CC     data.lo
>   CC     icmp.lo
>   CC     icmpv6.lo
>   CC     mnl.lo
>   CC     parse.lo
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> parse.c: In function ?get_addrinfo?:
> parse.c:637:11: error: cast increases required alignment of target type
> parse.c:640:11: error: cast increases required alignment of target type

Oh well, the good old Sparc issue. I put back the workaround and pushed.

> 22:43 ares:../ipset/kernel > make

Nobody is supposed to run `make' in the kernel/ subdir. You should have
typed one level above:

ares:../ipset/ > make modules

I have added a check to Makefile, to prevent it.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxx