Re: cross compilation of xtables fails

The compile stage is unfortunately not useful here. The configure line is required. (If it is not in your shell history, you can find it at the top of config.log.)
As I already pointed out - I can't get it at present as it is on a different computer which I could only access later this evening (or later this afternoon - if I am lucky!).

What is evident from what I posted, though, is that for these 3 group of files the arch-specific options which make the cross compilation possible (-m32 -mtune and -march) are completely ignored and the gcc statement generated by the m4 macros are therefore tying the produced objects to the build architecture, which is wrong. This is without me providing you with any other logs.