ClusterIP network slowdown

Hello, in these days i had fun with the ClusterIP target associated to a
web server. All is good and bright with the exception of two issues:
- the message "CLUSTERIP: no conntrack!"
- a general slowdown of the other network services (like ssh) of the two
nodes of the cluster.
To solve all my problems i've inserted this iptables rule:
iptables -I INPUT 1 -m state --state INVALID -j DROP
This is a solution that isn't good enough because i manage the apache2
and the clustered ip with heartbeat2.
Example: if i standby a node (for maintenance) and resume it after a
while this can be a problem because heartbeat put the clusterip rule on
top of the others so the dropping rule above became the second one and
then the workaround had no effect.
Why the clusterip had such an heavy impact on the networking? Before the
clusterip my cluster was active-standby and i've got no problems at all.
Now that the load per node is halved i noticed more load than before.
The strangest thing is that (with the top tool) this load seem not exist
and the nodes are not loaded at all:
load average: 0.50, 0.36, 0.37
How can i fix this without the dropping rule above?
There is a way to see how the networking is loaded?

Thanks in advance.

Michele