Re: xtables-addons ACCOUNT

Op woensdag 27 oktober 2010 22:28:46 schreef Jan Engelhardt:
> On Thursday 2010-10-21 13:31, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> >> I fail to reproduce this in 64-bit and 32-compat environments.
> >> Since ACCOUNT.ko and x_tables.ko do output appropriate messages
> >> to dmesg along with returning EINVAL... I don't see much
> >> possibilities.
> >>
> >> One could be that you are using an overly old xtables-addons (< 1.27)
> >> compat_xtables.ko with an overly new kernel (>= v2.6.35) -
> >> combined with having ignored the compile warnings/errors (when
> >> building from source, as DKMS unfortunately does).
> >
> >hmm, i'm using xtables-addons 1.26 (i thought this was the latest?) i
> >built this one from source.
> >
> >my kernel is 2.6.26 (so it's not overly new)
> >
> >since i compiled xtables-addons myself, i didn't see any compiler warnings
>
> I can't boot pre-2.6.27 anymore with my userspace, and I don't feel like
> spending time on installing a system. So unless someone has one for me
> ready to toy on, I'll rip out the old support.

I forgot to mention, i've installed 1.30 (still using 2.6.26) and it works
now. But the sourceforge shows the 1.26 as the latest version; because it's
bzip2 . I had to go through all sorts of stuff to fine myself an xz-utils that
was able to unpack the .tar.xz archive.

Especially servers don't have that kind of support atm.

Kind regards and thanks for all the help; i didn't even realise there was a
newer version out.

Maarten