netfilter stats, info and resources usage

Hello,
we are using quite a lot iptables and we'd like to gather some stats/information to "what's doing" and hopefully also an idea of the resources used by it (in particular cpu and ram).

Probably my google search karma is very low today, given the only reference to CPU usage I could find was vague refs to softirq data, and for stats some links like:

1. http://forums.cacti.net/about36629.html
2. http://forums.cacti.net/about26714.html
3. http://people.netfilter.org/hawk/DDoS/2010-04-12__001/list.html

3 is very interesting, Jesper: how did you generate it? :)

In general: is there a place I can look for netfilter stats and also for the impact it generates on the loadavg of the machine?

Regards,
Sandro

PS: please CC me, I'm not subscribed

--