Re: Redirect mirrored traffic to userspace app.

On Wednesday 2010-10-20 23:58, Mateus Caruccio wrote:

>Our DEVEL_SRV should receive exactly the same packet PROD_SRV
>receives, but with destination address modified
>so it can reach our userspace application.
>I've tried to "DNAT" it, but without success:

Because DNAT is factually wrong, as it does not make a copy. Instead,
use -j TEE on the host where the copy is to be made, and use either a
packet socket (tcpdump uses such) or local delivery routing (`ip route
add local dstaddrinpacket` and so).

>tcpdump shows that all requests are being properly mirrored from PORT2 to PORT3.
>ifconfig eth0 on DEVEL_SRV does not present any increment on RX
>statistics, but if I "ifconfig eth0 promisc", it starts to increment
>RX.

Forget about ifconfig. People should use modern tools like ip.