Re: how to install xtables extension to arbitrary path?

On Thursday 2010-10-14 16:25, Xing Qianqian wrote:

>When building iptables, we can use "configure" to specify the xtables
>extension install path by "prefix" or "withxtlibdir". And when we
>running the iptables, iptables seems to search for the xtables extension
>libraries only in the path that was specified by "configure". If we move
>the xtables extension libraries to some other place, iptables will
>report failing to load the "so" files.

So don't move them ;-)

>Because I'm doing cross compiling, and I will place the xtables
>extension libraries in the target board, and the final path might be
>different than the "configure" path.

You always have to specify final target-local paths to configure (in
other words, as usual). This has never been different.

>Do you know how to make iptables to
>load the correct xtables extensions?

make install DESTDIR=/cross-chroot

Is what you need. This is used in about all the installation scripts in
.spec files and similar in linux distributions' packages. Every
automake-powered project has DESTDIR offered, it is not exactly a new
thing.