ULOGD and other logs

Hi ,

 I am using ulogd to   store iptables logs to /tmp/logfile.txt.  There
is an application ( say X ) running on userspace ( using nfqueue  in
FORWARD chain in filter table ) to do some kind of blocking  packets
based on time ( some  thing like a minimal parental control feature ).
I would also want to generate some logs and put into the same
/tmp/logfile.txt file.  Since  ulogd and  X are using same file , we
need some file locking mechanism. Is there any other way to forward
these message to netlink socket and ulogd can itself handle, so that i
dont have to do any kind of synchronization.

May be i can put the question in this way: Kernel is sending some
message and ulogd listens and receives the message on netlink socket.
Could any other application in userspace  , send some  message  to
this socket and ulogd can read and write to the log file f ?

Thanks,
Ratheesh