Re: Awkward scenario: 3 interfaces and 3 devices with same ip/subnet.

> Try adding static ARP entries to each device's MAC address using different
> (bogus) IPs.  Then try communicating with the bogus IPs.  You might get
> lucky and be able to communicate.  It really depends on what is included in
> the higher layer protocol.  (I've not dealt with enough SNMP to know if this
> is possible.)

Doesn't seem to work, despite I created the arp entry with:
 arp -s 10.2.0.1 00:11:22:33:44:55

To be honest I'm not surprised: how is the receiver of those datagram
supposed to know they are for itself, since the dstip doesn't match
the IP of the local incoming interface?

> Check why replies do not get translated back. Use -j TRACE for them.

Good idea.
I've added a:
iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -s 10.0.0.1 -j TRACE
which I can see getting matches. However nothing is logging in
kern.log nor anywhere else (even configuring syslog with a "*.*"). Am
I forgetting something about the TRACE target?

--
Giacomo "mino" Bernardi