Re: using iptables with tun/tap interfaces? no rule sees tun/tap interface traffic

Hi,

>Using 2.6.35 kernel.
>Should I use ebtables for this? iptables seem more flexible here.

Iptables should work great. Try matching interface with
physdev-in/physdev-out instead of -i/-o as described here:
http://bwachter.lart.info/linux/bridges.html

If it doesn't help try using ip address matching rules to narrow down
the problem and see if you get any hits.

I hope you're using kernel bridge for bridging. I don't think you'll be
able to filter traffic bridged with userspace tools like vde.

Best regards,
Marek