Re: openvpn over udp failing

Would it cause a problem for video sites using RTMP?
They will be expecting a connection form the same IP address won't they?
I guess this could all be solved by binding the vpn to the 198 main address.

From: "Billy Crook" <billycrook@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 2:57 PM
To: "J Webster" <webster_jack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: openvpn over udp failing

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 13:44, J Webster <webster_jack@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, it's more that the openvpn service is running on an IP of the server
of xxx.xxx.xxx.199 (the server has 2 public IPs).
I don;t really understand why when the client connects, that a site like
your ipecho below would report my IP as xxx.xxx.xxx.198

That's the source ip that netfilter gave to the MASQUERADEd connection
as it passed through eth0.  198 is probably the primary ip for eth0
(eth0:0) and eth0:1 is 199, right?  That is why by connections leaving
eth0 will default to a source address of 198.  There may be exactly
one defailt IP.

omitting the port numbers?

You tell us.  man iptables[enter]/--to-source

I don't know why you'd care about the source port, but it's your box.
I use --random on mine, because I'm just that way....  Nice job
netfilter devs, on --persistant.  I was too busy to notice that slip
in.