Re: iptables / ebtables IP address intercept

On 08/04/10 03:08, Alex Bligh wrote:
R1 might or might not be connected to BBI, or R1/C1 might be in 1918 space

Ok.

OK - that looks promising. I'd only investigated iptables & ebtables.

*nod*

Note BBI hangs of BR1 not R1 - I think that makes things easier.

Seeing as how BR1 is a bridge and router, it doesn't make that much difference.

I presume there is a route step here, but C1' is designed to be on the correct interface.

Yes.

The reply traffic will be routed at layer 3, and then at layer 2 will be altered from the one layer 3 (that was routed) to the proper layer 3 (that isn't routed).

Sure - thanks.

I've done some more thinking and I strongly believe that what needs to be done can be, I just don't have a way to test this at the moment. (I will see if I have some time this weekend to throw together a VM.)

That's actually quite simple, as because BBI is not behind R1, all the non-intercepted traffic is simply bridged.

*nod*

Grant. . . .