Re: making QoS for FTP traffic using tc HTB

> I've some problem with making Qos.
> All my pass through a linux box which is in Bridge mode.
> I'd to implement a QoS to allocate 25Kbit of bandwith to the FTP
> traffic. So I've made these commands:

<snip>

> tc filter add dev  eth1  protocol ip parent 1:  prio 1 u32   match ip  src
> 192.168.2.88/32  match ip dport  20  0xffff flowid  1:8170
> tc filter add dev  eth1  protocol ip parent 1:  prio 1 u32   match ip  dst
> 192.168.2.88/32    0xff match ip dport  21  0xffff flowid  1:8170
> The filter tc filter add dev  eth1.....
> Is never match for the FTP downstream.

FTP is quite a complex protocol that jumps around port numbers
(especially passive FTP - see http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html). I've
not looked at your rules close enough to see whether that is the
problem, but I would recommend using the iptables FTP connection
tracking module with iptables to track the connection, then MARK it, and
then use the mark in the filter.

Andy