Priority/queueing on vitrual interfaces -- do virtual interfaces have a queue?

Hi all,

I am using a HTB qdisc with one intermediate class and half a dozen
leaf classes. All leaf classes (other than the first) are allowed to
starve all classes below them (far from ideal, but a hard requirement).

Things work fine, but it seems that prio is more or less ignored.

I found one online source that claimed that due to the fact that
virtual interfaces don't have a buffer, their send queue is always
empty and thus prio would not do anything. Yet, I can hardly
believe that.

I would appreciate any input on this.

You can find my current config at [1]. Please, no discussions
about starving the lower classes. I know.

--
Richard

[1] http://paste.debian.net/80919/