Re: Redirecting a Pre-existing SSH Session

Le 06/07/2010 13:28, Wade Gasior a écrit :
Hi... I am hoping that someone can help me with routing an already
established SSH session.

I have two physical servers set up: 192.168.1.150 and 192.168.1.160

All external traffic comes in to server .150

Initially, I want all traffic to be served by server 150. So for this
purpose I am leaving the IPTables on .150 empty (for sake of
simplicity).

At a point in time, I want to forward all incoming traffic to be
served by .160 instead.
I have accomplished this using these commands (on .150):

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.160
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE

My problem is that if I have an open SSH connection to .150 (prior to
adding the rules), the packets are still handled by .150 after adding
the rules.. e.g. my SSH session stays active. I want these packets to
be forwarded to .160, which would effectively disconnect the SSH
session in a sense (I will later be performing a live server migration
from 150 to 160, so the SSH session should stay valid). I do not want
the packets flat out dropped, I need them to be forwarded on in
whatever state they are in.

If I try a _NEW_ SSH session, the packets are properly forwarded to .160

Any help would be appreciated to get these packets from the existing
session forwarded.

Thank you!
Hi,

Why not enable SSH on an unusual port (for instance 1234 or anything) on a server ?
1) The problem is much easier : iptables works great with port based rules
2) You can at any time contact the both servers. Usefull for instance if your TCP session expire for any reason.