ARP Requests/Replies

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to set up ebtables on my Xen host. What I'm trying to do, is make sure that each guest can only access the bridge on the xen host using the "legal" mac address assigned to it.

The 2 rules I'm using are this:

ebtables -I FORWARD -d $legal_mac_of_guest -o $vif_of_guest -j ACCPET
ebtables -I FORWARD -s $legal_mac_of_guest -i $vif_of_guest -j ACCPET

While the above 2 rules do allow normal IP traffic, they seem to block ARP requests/replies working properly. So any machine on the network that doesn't know where to find the IP address of the guest (and has to send a who-has ARP request), they can't communicate with the respective guest.

Can someone please suggest some rules that I need to add to make ARP Requests/Replies work?

Many Thanks