noob question howto using iptables limit ip access times

hi ,all

 My aim is limit ip access to my squid server with 1000 times per day.
If this ip connections counts more then 1000,iptables will drop it.

 I have google a lot,and write a wired scripts :P

===========
    #!/bin/sh
   iptables -F
   iptables -X
   iptables -Z
   iptables -N squid
   iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j squid
   iptables -A squid -m limit --limit 1/hour --limit-burst 1000 -j RETURN
   iptables -A squid -j DROP
   service iptables save
  service iptables restart
==========

   iptables -A squid -m limit --limit 1/hour --limit-burst 1000 -j RETURN

   IMO: this rule means ,the limit-burst token bucket is set to 1000
initially, for each hour token count goes up by 1, when token bucket
is empty---> not match --> go next rule
   But,  I tested it by using IE refresh my server , when i refresh
more then 7 or 8 times ,iptables going to drop my connections, why?

  CentOS4.6,kernel 2.6.9,iptables v1.3.5
  Im so sorry for my bad English,hope your understand what i was saying
  Any reply, webslink, experience ,doc and tools  are highly appreciable!!

  Regards