Re: Troubles doing transparent proxy for virtual machines

On 06/03/2010 04:20 PM, Marek Kierdelewicz wrote:
Hi,

I guess what's confusing me is that everything runs on the same box.
Yup. Packet traverses nat table when it passes bridge and it cannot
traverse this table second time entering virbr0 interface.

Try this:
echo 0>  /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables

Thanks for the response. I'm beginning to think that my strategy here is all wrong to begin with. Here's why:

1. The subnet for my VMs is 192.168.122.0/24. This is created by libvirtd when it starts up.

2. I start up Firefox in a VM, then go to google.com.

3. As I watch with tcpdump, I never even see 192.168.122.x in the output.

Maybe libvirtd is doing its own network voodoo before handing off to the kernel network stack. [Shrug] Should I expect tcpdump to show packets coming through a bridge (virbr0 or just br0)?

This is still pretty deep water to me.