CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER stops any traffic on wireless interface

Hi,

I posted a message earlier but upon further experimentation, it seems
that enabling CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER is causing my wireless to stop
transmitting/receiving any TCP/IP traffic.  I am able to associate with
an AP but not even ARP packets are going through so DHCP and anything
else are out of the question.  Basically, I am dead in the water.
My purpose for enabling CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER is to enable ebtables so
I can do L2-NATing.

Is there some dependencies that have to be enabled simultaneously in the
kernel build to get ebtables working?  I'd hope and think Kconfig would
apprise one of such dependencies.

The kernel version is 2.6.28.

iwconfig shows proper association:
# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"insurrection54g"
          Mode:Managed  Channel:6  Access Point: 00:1A:70:EE:2C:6F
          Bit Rate=48 Mb/s   Tx-Power=0 dBm
          RTS thr=2318 B   Fragment thr=2318 B
          Encryption key:off

The AP has been set to DHCP but I never get an IP:
# ifconfig
lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:20:4A:9D:00:94
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:1818 (1.7 KiB)

Relevant kernel .config:
#
# Networking options
#
CONFIG_PACKET=y
# CONFIG_PACKET_MMAP is not set
CONFIG_UNIX=y
# CONFIG_NET_KEY is not set
CONFIG_INET=y
# CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST is not set
# CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER is not set
CONFIG_IP_FIB_HASH=y
CONFIG_IP_PNP=y
# CONFIG_IP_PNP_DHCP is not set
CONFIG_IP_PNP_BOOTP=y
# CONFIG_IP_PNP_RARP is not set
# CONFIG_NET_IPIP is not set
# CONFIG_NET_IPGRE is not set
# CONFIG_ARPD is not set
# CONFIG_SYN_COOKIES is not set
# CONFIG_INET_AH is not set
# CONFIG_INET_ESP is not set
# CONFIG_INET_IPCOMP is not set
# CONFIG_INET_XFRM_TUNNEL is not set
# CONFIG_INET_TUNNEL is not set
# CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TRANSPORT is not set
# CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TUNNEL is not set
# CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_BEET is not set
# CONFIG_INET_LRO is not set
CONFIG_INET_DIAG=y
CONFIG_INET_TCP_DIAG=y
# CONFIG_TCP_CONG_ADVANCED is not set
CONFIG_TCP_CONG_CUBIC=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_TCP_CONG="cubic"
# CONFIG_TCP_MD5SIG is not set
# CONFIG_IPV6 is not set
# CONFIG_NETWORK_SECMARK is not set
CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_ADVANCED=y
CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER=y

#
# Core Netfilter Configuration
#
# CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_QUEUE is not set
# CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_LOG is not set
# CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK is not set
# CONFIG_NETFILTER_XTABLES is not set
# CONFIG_IP_VS is not set

#
# IP: Netfilter Configuration
#
# CONFIG_NF_DEFRAG_IPV4 is not set
# CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE is not set
# CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES is not set
# CONFIG_IP_NF_ARPTABLES is not set
# CONFIG_BRIDGE_NF_EBTABLES is not set
# CONFIG_IP_DCCP is not set
# CONFIG_IP_SCTP is not set
# CONFIG_TIPC is not set
# CONFIG_ATM is not set
CONFIG_STP=y
CONFIG_BRIDGE=y
# CONFIG_NET_DSA is not set
# CONFIG_VLAN_8021Q is not set
# CONFIG_DECNET is not set
CONFIG_LLC=y
# CONFIG_LLC2 is not set
# CONFIG_IPX is not set
# CONFIG_ATALK is not set
# CONFIG_X25 is not set
# CONFIG_LAPB is not set
# CONFIG_ECONET is not set
# CONFIG_WAN_ROUTER is not set
# CONFIG_NET_SCHED is not set

Regards,
Umar

This e-mail is the property of Lantronix. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.