Re: Advanced Logging

Maybe psad (Port Scan Attack Detector) is that what are you looking
for. Check http://cipherdyne.org/psad/index.html.

There is also a great book about this program (and 3 additional
programs as well) written by the author of these programs. This book
covers psad (analyser of iptables logs), fwsnort (translator of Snort
rules into iptables rules), fwknop (single packet authorization) and
ways how to visualize iptables logs. Details can be found at
http://www.nostarch.com/firewalls_mr.htm.

I hope this helps...

Tomáš Vlček