Re: Broadcast redirecting

2010/5/13 Federico Alberto Sayd <fsayd@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Is it possible to redirect broadcast packets( with dst 255.255.255.255
>> ) received on one interface to another?
>> Or should I use some standalone program?
>>

> brouting with ebtables??
> arp proxy??

Thanks, but for some reasons I cannot use bridging.
And ARP proxy works for ARP packets only.

May be, the problem consists in routing code which does not allow to
redirect broadcast packets.

Also I can write some daemon in Perl which will receive broadcast
packets and inject them on another interface. But the source address
of the injected packets will belong to the router and I need them to
be as in original packets.

--
Best regards
Anatoly Muliarski