Fwd: iptable how many rule can manage iptable

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mistick Levi <gmistick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2010/5/12
Subject: Re: iptable how many rule can manage iptable
To: Mamadou Touré <e2ia.ci@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
You could use the hosts files (/etc/hosts.deny .. hosts.allow ) in
order to do so,
Im not sure what will be a greater performance penalty, setting a tons
of rules or the hosts file,
because after you edit the hosts file , every query of dns will go
through this long list before going out to the dns server....
put it to the test?