Re: conntrack-tools 0.9.14 can not block the connection

Hello,

Richard Feng a écrit :

> I am using Linux 2.6.29. I have the problem for using 'conntrack'
> (version:0.9.14) to block the traffic.
> Using the following command as example:
>   conntrack -D -s 1.1.1.1 -d 2.2.2.2
> After execution, it appears the connection info was deleted -
>   conntrack -L | grep 1.1.1.1 -- shows the entry was deleted.
>
> However, the connection is still active

What do you mean exactly ?
The conntrack tool only deals with netfilter connection tracking, not
with the actual connection (e.g. it won't send RST's in order to tear it
down). How it may affect the actual connection depends on the iptables
ruleset.