Re: tc/tcng default config

On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 23:47 +0200, Marek Kierdelewicz wrote:
> > Hello List,
>
> Hi Bob,

Marek,
Thank you for the response.

> >If I implement something on a firewall using tc and the network goes
> >for poop, how do I get it back to the default set up?
>
> You probably start with adding qdisc:
> tc qdisc add dev $IF root handle 1: htb default XX
> ... then you add classes and filters
>
> You can undo all of this by deleting qdisc:
> tc qdisc del dev $IF root

To say this back to make sure I understand; I do not need to wipe my
configuration and implement a configuration that matches the default
one, rather deleting the top-most parent will delete all the children
and roll back to the way it was originally before I ran any tc commands?

> If you use ifb and ingress qdiscs, cleanup may get a bit more
> complicated.

And this would imply that it is not trivial to overwrite the current
config with a default one?

> Regards,
> Marek
> --