Re: uisng L7 filter in ebtables commands

Hi ,

Sorry I forget to mention one more constraint with the linux kernel
source base I am working with.

In the general linux 2.6.30 kernel , iptables are introduced into the
bridge path by selecting the CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER  option at
compile time which selects the br_netfilter.c which invokes the
traversal of iptables. Also the CONFIG_BRIDGE_NF_EBTABLES option is
dependent on  CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER being selected.

Whereas in the linux kernel source I am working with (which is also
2.6.30 but customized) CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER option , though present
in the "make menuconfig" for selection is not compatible with the
customizations , hence results in crash.Here also
CONFIG_BRIDGE_NF_EBTABLES has been made independent of
CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER.

So as you can see one doesn't have the luxury of iptables in the
bridging path.Hence unable to use the L7 filter with iptables in the
bridging path.

I wasn't aware of the option of setting
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables to 1 . But i think this
must be  same as selecting CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER and hence
br_netfilter.c.

Thanks
GP