Re: SNAT: Large TCP/IP message transfers get RST and client sees a broken pipe

On Tuesday 2010-03-23 03:16, Terry C wrote:

>The problem noticed is that when large messages are sent from the
>back-end servers via the router, we see that the router every so often
>sends an RST[...]
>
>Any idea why this may be happening? This router Linux machine is
>running a 2.6.21 kernel.

Out of curiosity, does the problem go away with a kernel >= 2.6.25?
I used to have hangs or RSTs too once upon a few years back, and
the issue is most likely a run of kernels (RHEL 2.6.18 being no
exception as usual) where things don't work - in my case TCP SACK
and TCP DSACK.