Re: Update delay when using nat table?

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Sheepa <sheepa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, im trying to redirect a port based in source ip like this:
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 777 -j REDIRECT --to-port 888
> -s x.x.x.x
>
> Notice that i will have services listening on both ports. Allthough this
> works it takes several minutes for it to take effect. And it doesn't seem to
> take effect at all if i keep sending packages to port 777 here in the
> example. How can i make it take effect instantly? Or is thier any other way
> of doing this (redirecting a port locally) on a debian squeeze machine?
>
> Thanks,
> Sheepa --

I had similar problem . I was syn-flooding one interface and  there is
an iptable rule to  reject all  syn-flood . But while flooding
,eventhough i opened port , ( in my case ) packets are not flowing
....it is still getting dropped . I thought ,it could be a problem due
to resource constrain in my box ( small ram , little processor speed )
.

Even if packets are dropped , will there be conntrack entry for those packets ?