Altering MTU in ICMPv6 packet too big message

Hi there,

we're having a buggy, closed source IPv6 router here, which keeps
announcing a wrong MTU via ICMPv6 packet too big messages. Is
there a way to modify the 1500 to a 1480 with a rule in the mangle
table on the host that receives those broken messages? I think
despite this one value, also the checksum would have to be
recalculated.

Cheers, Linus

PS: the tcpmss-target extension is not enough, as I'm still having
trouble with UDP packets.