Re: Natting html traffic

2010/2/13 Покотиленко Костик <casper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> В Суб, 13/02/2010 в 00:18 +0100, Guido Trentalancia пишет:
>> On Sat, 2010-02-13 at 00:03 +0100, Bojan Sukalo wrote:
>> > Telnet from inside machine to www.google.com 80 works but I can't get
>> > any messages after I get connected (Just successfull telnet
>> > connection)
>>
>> You can't telnet www.google.com on port 80, as google is not a telnet
>> server and therefore it can't deal with the telnet protocol. Google
>> deals with the http protocol.
>
> Why one can't use telnet program to test http server?

Sure you can. Of course you need to type in a valid HTTP request to
get a response. This worked for me just now:

~$ telnet www.google.com 80
Trying 74.125.79.104...
Connected to www.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

Then I typed this, followed by enter twice:
GET http://www.google.se/ HTTP/1.1

And I got this reply from the server:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK