Re: Who can give me any existing iptables rules for reference?

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Mart Frauenlob <mart.frauenlob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06.02.2010 13:50, netfilter-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi,i'm a rookie.As learning netfilter/iptables for the first time,i
>> wanna look some good existing iptables rules scripts as that i think
>> reading good rules scripts will be useful.
>
> you need to understand the concepts for writing good rule-sets.
> Example scripts of course will help to understand.
>
> Here's a tutorial (not 100% up to date) including sample scripts:
> http://www.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial/iptables-tutorial.html

Oskar Andreasson tutorial is a big source of information not only
about iptables, but also about TCP/IP. Too deep in my opinion for
students trying to learn the basics. Being a teacher but not an expert
in iptables, I use the following notes as an introductory tutorial to
Netfilter/iptables:

http://www.ajedrezvasco.com/infor/iptables_basics.htm

In a really simplified way, I try to make my students grasp the basics
ideas. Any feedback, correction, sugestion, etc, is welcome and will
be included when I teach it again in a month or so.

--
Saludos.
Gerardo Fernandez