Help with multiple interfaces and aliases

Hi.

I have the following configuration:

- 2 NICs
 - 1 NIC is connected to a cable modem with dynamic IP. This is my default
route to all garbage traffic.
 - 1 NIC is connected to a dedicated line, fixed IP address, through a
CISCO router. With this kind of connection, I have 4 available IP addresses,
but at this moment, I'm using only one. This is used to host webserver, ssh,
vpn, mail.

Everything is working fine.My domains are served by an external DNS server.

I want to host a DNS server to serve my domains, and my registrar requires 2
DNS servers, one master and one secondary. I configured bind and it's
working fine for my external interface, so I have my main DNS server. All I
have to do now is create the secondary DNS server.

The idea I had is to use an alias for my external interface (eth4:1) and
assign one of the remaining available IP addresses. So I created the eth4:1
interface, and configured bind to listen that new interface. But the problem
is that I cannot ping that interface from outside. I don't know what's going
wrong. Ping packets appear in syslog, but it seems my machine cannot reply
back. I tried to mark them, but didn't work out.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Flavio