Re: limit module not working with drop policy

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:27:27 +0100
Mart Frauenlob <mart.frauenlob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Thanks for your suggestion and hint. Now I have modified the rule
> > set as
> >
> > ` ` `
> > iptables -A INPUT  -p icmp  --icmp-type echo-request -m hashlimit \
> > --hashlimit 3/minute --hashlimit-name secureping -j ACCEPT
> > ` ` `
> >
> > but no luck yet :-( Is there anything wrong in my config ?
>
> What exactly are the error symptoms? What is not working?
> Please provide more information like kernel, iptables version.
> You could place LOG rules and/or TRACE rules to provide more
> information on what's going on.

The limit or hashlimit should protect my system by allowing only three ping request per minute ( as -m hashlimit --hashlimit 3/minute or same config by limit) . I saw it working before in debin lenny. I have upgrade my box into debian squeeze now and found the ping protection is not working at all. If I ping my box from outside; my box responds the ping per second !!!
So the ping protection is not working any more now :-( Just for reminder my firewall is default DROP and I have already posted iptables-save. Kindly ask me if you need any more information.

kernel version 2.6.31
iptables v1.4.6