Re: filtering based on MAC address prefix

2010/1/16 Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> ebtables(8) is usually the better tool to use for dealing with ethernet
> frames.  Check if its --source and among matches fits.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that.

At first glance it looks ideal, but after trying to get it working, it
seems inappropriate.
Setting all ebtables policies to DROP (and adding log rules) does
nothing. As far as I can tell, ebtables only operates on bridge
devices, of which there are none in this setup. Am I missing anything?

Daniel