Re: sequence numbers in conntrack

Hi

It seems that I still had some typos is the text, sorry. I hope here is the
clear explanation of the situation:

The infrastructure:
  Host PRI (private IP) ----- <NAT>  ------ Host PUB (public IP)
  NAT(PRI) means the external mapping allocated for PRI by the NAT

A:
 (1) PRI -> PUB: SYN
 (2) PUB -> NAT(PRI): SYN-ACK (with invalid sequence number)
Question: What happens to packet (2)? If it is not filtered is is possible
to filter it?

B:
 (1) PRI -> PUB: SYN
 (2) PUB -> NAT(PRI): anything other than (SYN-ACK or SYN)
Question: What happens to packet (2)? If it is not filtered is is possible
to filter it?

C:
 Assuming that --random option is given to the POSTROUTING
 chain of the NAT box, and hosts like PRI open so many connections
 to the other side of the NAT (to hosts like PUB) that the high port
 space is used up (every port is allocated to a host behind the NAT).
Question: What will happen to a new connection?

Many thanks  for the help

Nemeth Denes wrote:
Hi

Sorry it was a typo it should be the following:
(host H is behind the NAT ....)

Thanks