connection tracking module

Hi ,

      I am a little confused about connection tracking .  I would like
to clarify those with your valuable inputs . If you can find some time
, i will be grateful .

      1. Each connection tacking module ( example  - nf_conntrack_ftp
) will keep its own independent tuple hash tables ??
      2. Suppose i have  nf_conntrack_ftp , nf_conntrack_proto_tcp
modules  loaded . If i initiate a data transfer using ftp protocol ,
which connection tracking module will have tuple information .?
          { My question is :- > if i dont have nf_conntrack_proto_ftp
loaded , it will be tracked by nf_conntrack_proto_tcp }
      3. for the question 2 , which will be skb->nfct contains ?
      4. what exactly helper routines does ? is it only find out
related connection .or any other functionality ?
      5. nf_conntrack_proto_tcp also has helper routines ?

Thanks,
Ratheesh