Raising the recent module lib_pkt_list_tot

Hello folks,

I had a question regarding the default limit on the hitcount on the
recent module. I found out that it can be raised through the
lib_pkt_list_tot file, but my question about this is if this could
potentially be harmful. I've found a lot of people saying you can just
raise it but without any information regarding security or problems one
might encounter afterwards.

So does anyone have some information regarding this or have prior
experience, I would be glad to hear it.