HTTP Access Blocked After iptables Update

Hello!

Today I updated various things in my production server, one of them was iptables (via yum)

I'm running CentOS 5.

1) After the update I was not able to access any site hosted on my server.

2) I try to stop iptables and than I gain access again.

3) Than I've started iptables and no access again.

4) I rebooted my server.

5) After the reboot I verify if iptables was active, it was and all my sites were accesible.

6) I've restarted iptables.

7) All sites went down again.

8) Rebooted my server and sites were accessible.

9) iptables was also running

Basically the problem is, if I restart iptables, I have to reboot my server because my sites become offline.

So, what can be the problem here? Any ideas?

Help is highly appreciated!!!!

Many thanks in advance.